Monday, April 12, 2010
Headlines! Maha, Roger Waters, Alex Chilton and more
In fact, I'm going to be missing a lot of shows in the coming weeks because of some planned vacation. As always, if you hit up a show, send me an e-mail and let me know how it was. I'd love to hear it over the next couple of weeks because I won't be around.
Anyway, onto the important stuff...
• Maha Music Festival already announced Spoon as its headliner. The fest is adding a few more to the lineup tonight at midnight. I'll have a story up over at Omaha.com/music at about that time.
• Speaking of Maha, they're looking for local bands to play the show. Interested parties should e-mail email@example.com.
• And speaking of show announcements, Roger Waters is coming to town and he'll be performing "The Wall" in its entirety. This is going to be epic. I remember in high school when my friends and I went on a Pink Floyd kick (doesn't everybody?) and we were blown away by "The Wall" concert footage.
• Next Saturday is Record Store Day and there are loads of exclusive releases coming out over the weekend. Here's what you need to know.
• Jake Bellows (of Neva Dinova) is continuing with his song-a-month project over at his site. Pick up"If You Can Wait" for only $1.29.
• It's coming out now that Alex Chilton, who died a few weeks ago of a heart attack, didn't have any health insurance.
• He doesn't sign autographs anymore and Ringo says it's because of eBay.
• There are two John Prine-related releases coming out in June. One is a live collection and the other is Prine songs done by other artists, including My Morning Jacket, Conor Oberst & the Mystic Valley Band and others.
•Today In Rock History: Jan Berry (of Jan & Dean) drives his Corvette into a parked truck in Beverly Hills. It was a few miles from Dead Man's Curve and the accident happened two years after Jan & Dean's song of the same name became a hit.