Monday, November 23, 2009
Daily Headlines! Adam Lambert, Animal Collective and more
Spent today writing about Christmas, music, Christmas music and trying to get and interview with Anthony Daniels (he's the guy that played C-3PO in the Star Wars movies for all you non-nerds out there).
Anyway, here's today's music headlines:
• Big news of the day is Adam Lambert's racy performance at the American Music Awards. He made out with his (straight male) keyboard player (photo above), grabbed his crotch and did a bunch of other stuff. I didn't see it because I turned off the TV before that. Taylor Swift won the top award. The LA Times blog grades the performances (none of which I thought were very good).
• Spoon changed its album release date, announced a new single and tour dates.
• Scott Stapp from Creed answers questions about leather pants, the band's reunion, his fist fight with 311 and a bunch of other stuff.
• Speaking of Creed, Paste compares the band to the character from "The Office."
• My Morning Jacket was on "American Dad" last night.
• Some Michael Jackson stuff at auction, including the white glove, raised more than $2 million.
• The Avett Brothers have a new music video and a spring tour. And they still won't be in Omaha... Grrr... (I missed them when they were here a few months ago, dammit.)
• Animal Collective has a new mp3 out from their new EP.
• Paste's best of the decade stuff continues on (I think their roundups are much better than Pitchfork's from a few months ago, but that's neither here nor there) with a look at the best movie soundtracks.
Today's Mail: "Just Like You" by Alison Israheta ("American Idol" runner up)
Photo from the Associated Press.
Posted by Kevin Coffey at 5:24 PM