Thursday, November 19, 2009
Headlines! Cleveland, I'm slacking and more
I've been slacking on the headlines lately. It's actually something I'd like to compile every day, but I honestly haven't done it for a few weeks.
Well, headlines are back!
• Hall & Oates are going to be on the Cleveland Show this week (Family Guy spinoff). Excellent.
• Blender has an awesome post about the top 8 songs used as Facebook status updates.
• Vampire Weekend's new video for "Cousins" has been all over the Internet today.
• Rod Stewart likes Arcade Fire. Count me surprised.
• The guy from Hot Chip talks about the group's new album and how Susan Boyle was an influence. I don't believe him.
• Speaking of Susan Boyle, her new album is the biggest pre-order in Amazon.com's history.
• Like music? Thinking of it as a career? Go work for Spin magazine as an intern. I couldn't think of too many internships that would be cooler.
• Bonnaroo set dates for 2010. Ticket sales start Nov. 27 (seems a little early, doesn't it?).
• The Decemberists have turned their last album into an animated film.
• This isn't really news, but I've been listening to the new Avett Brothers record a lot today and checked their tour schedule. They're not coming to Omaha, and I don't like that.
• Motley Crue explains how they wrote "Girls Girls Girls." I'm not sure why, but I find this fascinating.
• The MTV Woodies were last night. Does anyone care?
Today's Mail: Brandi Carlile's "Give Up the Ghost" and Dashboard Confessional's "Alter the Ending"
Posted by Kevin Coffey at 3:29 PM