Friday, February 26, 2010

Headlines! Aerosmith, Little Brazil and more


Wow, so I had such a busy Wednesday that I completely missed doing headlines. My bad.

Here's a double dose... I tried to include every bit of music news that has happened all week. It's a lot of stuff. Enjoy.

• Anvil played at the Olympics in Vancouver.

• Local band Little Brazil announced their second SXSW showcase.

• Aerosmith isn't breaking up. Or finding a new singer. Or following any of those other rumors. They made a video.

• Dan Deacon and his band faked something about a dead cat on Judge Judy.

• Neko Case had some kind of animated short or cartoon on Adult Swim last week.

• The subject of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" has been speculated upon for a loooooong time. She finally reveals who it was about. Sort of.

• Thom Yorke of Radiohead revealed his new band's name, is touring and somebody recorded three of the songs and put them on YouTube.

• Eric Earley of Blitzen Trapper talks about the band's new album. I loved their last album and the EP.

• Completely unrelated to music: John Krasinski (Jim from "The Office") wants to be Captain America. That would be terrible. Just about anyone else in the world would be better.

• Pavement is getting ready for those reunion shows and Spin was lucky enough to hang out in their rehearsal space.

• Miles B. A. Robinson, who made my favorite album of last year, did a video interview.

• Beyonce says she "killed" her alter ego "Sasha Fierce" and doesn't need her any more. I think she needs to get over herself.

• Stephen Merritt of Magnetic Fields was once in a band called Zinnia. And you can now download those songs.

• Prince has a new track, "Cause and Effect."

• Beck, Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, Grizzly Bear and a bunch of others are doing a Haiti benefit album.

• In the ongoing saga of Abbey Road Studios, the place was declared historic, so it can't be torn down or majorly altered.

• Vampire Weekend guitarist Rostam Batmanglij talks about how his homosexuality affects his music.

• There's a new LCD Soundsystem record coming out. I've liked them for awhile, but I just started getting into them again because a friend and I were playing guitar and we covered one of their songs in his basement. Good stuff.

• Yeasayer talks about their new album. They're coming to Omaha in April.

• There's a new track streaming from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

• The Hold Steady is putting out a new record. I've been having a Hold Steady kind of week and listening to them a lot.

• Spin does a little "where are they now?" thing with folks from Elastica, Against Me!, White Zombie and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.