Busy day of writing about Mannheim Steamroller and figure skating today. Yes, I said figure skating. Not my normal cup of tea, but there's a thing going on at the Qwest this weekend that I had to write about.
Tomorrow, I'm talking to Curt from the Meat Puppets and the queen of mean, Lisa Lampanelli. Should be a pretty fun day. I also have to write up a story on the Monsters of Folk. (I've been promising excerpts from my Mike Mogis interview and I'll get them to you. Promise.)
Until then, feast on headlines!
• Paste got a new website. I like it better. It's a lot cleaner than their old one.
• Bon Iver announced an indefinite hiatus. WTF?! The article explains that the full band will be apart for awhile, which leads me to believe Justin Vernon is talking about touring, not skipping out on recording more material.
• The new album from Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson (wow, that's a mouthful) is streaming. He's the new Saddle Creek guy and his record (what I've listened to so far, anyway) is really freaking good.
• Download Thom Yorke's song "Hearing Damage."
• Tonight, there's a Joan Baez documentary on PBS. Apparently, it has a Bob Dylan interview, MLK footage and a whole bunch of other stuff.
• Speaking of Dylan, he's got a Christmas album out. Sounds interesting, but apparently it's good.
• If you pay iTunes about 20 bucks, you can get the new Weezer album, "Ratitude," plus a bunch of other goodies.
• Speaking of Weezer, Rivers Cuomo is going to work with Katy Perry.
• For those excited for Pavement's reunion shows, they won't be playing new material.
• As if there aren't enough Elvis compilations out, they're putting out a 100-song boxed set.