Big day of interviews, mostly about a Maha Music Festival story I'm working on. Concert is next week on the Omaha Riverfront (Dashboard Confessional and G. Love & Special Sauce headline).
This afternoon, I rapped with Justin Kennedy of Army Navy and Chris Crisci of Appleseed Cast. Army Navy is a great pop-rock group and Kennedy was a member of Pinwheel with Ben Gibbard before Gibbard started Death Cab For Cutie and Postal Service. Crisci talked about Appleseed and Old Canes, his folk side project that's being released through Saddle Creek in October.
And now, headlines:
• Big Boi (one half of Outkast) lays it all out for Paste. Will Outkast come back from hiatus?
• Phil Spector talks about his life in prison. The wall of sound producer is spending 19 years in the clink for murdering Lana Clarkson.
• Frontman Jim Lindberg is leaving Pennywise. Apparently the other three members are continuing with the band.
• Pitchfork finished off their 500 best songs of the decade. I like their top 20 for the most part, but Animal Collective in at #9? Please. Might be jumping the gun there a little bit.
• Spin talks to Rivers Cuomo about Weezer's new album title, "Raditude." Pitchfork was a little more critical.
• Finally, this has nothing to do with music, but hilariously combines two things I love: Batman and Muppets.
Things I Think Would Make Good...
Band Names: The Slutty Bones, Drunken Impalement
Song or Album Titles: "Clink of Whiskey Drinks"